Skip to main content

Girls' Night In?


So, a night at Kel's proved to be more than magnificent! I'd say one of the many perks to still being single (even at 40), is that you can just "up and at it" to your girlfriend's place for din-din with "the girls!" It's true, our Kels is no longer single. Well, she's single as in not-yet-married, but still, no longer S-I-N-G-L-E, as in...awkward first moments on your first few dates, always saying the wrong thing when he says the right, and lonely late nights talking to no-one but your dog before going to bed.

Not that I'm bitter or anything...it's just nice to be able to visit with your girls every now and then. So as far as I'm concerned, even though Kelly's got a man, she's still one of the girls! :-)

This night proved to be NO different. The girl threw down. She invited us over for laughs and catching up...but this is nothing new. In the summer, she has over her place for some pool-time and nite-time jacuzzi-relaxation. She pulls out all of the stops as she hollers, "Girls! Dinner is ready!" just when the stomach begins to growl. Dinner at Kelly's can be anything from bbq'd chicken and hot-dogs (for our single gal-pals with kids)...but tonight was a far cry from my little friends of Hebrew National. She did not hold back any flavor, preparing for us artichoke spinach dip of the BEST kind...this was an appetizer, of course.

Though she created a delish Steak Escafia, my portion of dinner was Chicken with this creamy delicious Blue-Cheese (I think) sauce slightly tarted to make your mouth water even at the sight of it! As a side she went with a baked potato, being mindful of my dislike of the pork-factor--at least when it comes to eating. :-) She fired up some green beans, pulled out our favorite sodas and we were ALL in seventh-heaven.

The stuff was so good that my roomie grabbed the recipe for her sauce...so it looks like I will be happy at home and when at Kel's!

Once again, the evening proved to take us until a little after midnight. That's not hard to do when you get a group of gals together who just need to unwind with true friendship, conversations that breathe some life in ya and just have some good ole fun!

Thank you, Kel! Once again, you've outdone yourself...we love you terribly and can't wait until the next time! My house and 'cuzzi, perhaps?


Recipe to follow in next blog. :-)


Until next time,


Bon Appetit!


Cyndi, 40

Anaheim Hills, CA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Steak Escoffier (Escoffia)" Melts in your mouth.....

Can you say a little piece of "Heaven" ? This is truly one of those recipes that will stick with you forever, it's so delicious, it literary melts in your mouth, you can't help but let out a "Big Happy Sigh" when you taste your first bite ! This has been a "Top Secret" recipe of mine that I created from a favorite dish of a local Restaurant my family & I used to dine at. The restaurant is long gone, but the memory of this dish lives on...enjoy ! Steak : - Rib Eye Steak - 2 slices of Bacon - Sea Salt for seasoning - Ground Black Pepper for seasoning - 2 toothpicks soaked in water 20 minutes to prevent burning on grill Escoffier (Escoffia) Sauce : - 1 pkg Crumbled Blue Cheese - 1/4 cup/stick of Butter - 6-8 Garlic Cloves Peeled & Minced - 1 teaspoon Orange Extract Season both sides of the steak w/ salt & pepper wrap bacon around the steak and hold in place with toothpicks; cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 Min's. Preheat

Babysitting-Turned-Baking!!!

So nearly three weeks later I am finally posting the pix-n-a video from the night my nephew, Micah, and I baked sugar cookies. I cannot tell you how many times I hear single friends of mine complaining about how they can't (or don't) get to do fun things with little ones since they're not yet parents. What do I say to that? That I'm sure there are plenty of little ones in or around your life some way or another to shoot that theory right out of the water! Now granted I do tend to lean on the complaining side of not being married for laborings sake, but even that has it's place. Now I realize that some may not be as blessed as I have to a handful of nieces and a nephew to enjoy such things with, but if you have no friends in your life with kids, feel free go out of your way to spend time with those who may need you in their lives. There are tons of programs through communities, local churches and various organizations (Big Brother, etc.) where you can invest into a

Ratatouille???

I don't know about you but I have love, love, loved the rain that has finally kissed us with it's sweet lips. Surprisingly, this morning's rain came with some pretty fierce wind, which having just moved here from Oklahoma (where the winds come crashing through the plains), it somewhat threw me for a loop. After enjoying the sounds of rain from inside the house while working in the garage, I decided I wanted nothing more than to eat something warm and somewhat soupish. Unfortunately I have not done a whole lot of shopping since my move back, leaving with me no choice but to doll up an organic can of beans. This week was kinda tough in that I had a whole lot going on! I had to relinquish the love of my life, Luke, to an adoptive parent who could give him a home, as I am still looking for mine and I staying with friends. My other Beagle, Tulsa, is staying at a bachelor pad with some friends of mine who I've known for a very long time. The plan is for Tulsa and I to move in