Skip to main content

Let's Hear it for the Boys!

Ever wonder how some guys just seem to get it all right? They're sweet, they've got the looks, charm AND they can cook, to-boot? There was a time I thought that one out of four was good enough, but seems like nowadays there ain't no point in settlin! If the mug's good to go, then make sure the eateries and everything else follow suit--that was one thing our ex-bachelor, Luis, made sure of!

Making sure he had the dress for success in the kitchen, he called upon our friend, wife and mother of three (with another on the way), Missy Bates of Orange County to help. Using Trader Joe's as her store of choice, her on-camera ease is one sure to help any single with an evening of hosting-at-hand...take notes by clicking on the arrow below!

As the oven is warming up for the toasting of the baguette, don't forget to chill a well-paired bottle of Pinot Grigio, as well. You can pick up a pretty inexpensive bottle at Trader Joe's! For the non-Trader Joe's cities, visit your local super market for your goods. (TJ's link provided below if you're unsure of it's availability in your area). Now for the more skilled of chefs, or for the more-daring, feel free to experiment with some basil and melted mozarella cheese to your liking--I would probably add some balsalmic vinegar somewhere in my recipe, as well. The saltier, the better--at least for my tastebuds, not necessarily for the heart.

Missy's Bruschetta Recipe:

1 Container of Trader Joe's Bruschetta

Olive Oil

Garlic Salt

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees as you get out ingredients for your appetizer.

Slice pieces of entire baguette, placing them on cookie sheet until lightly toasted. Upon removal of toasted baguette slices, lightly brush olive oil on each piece. Sprinkle garlic salt on baguette slices. Use a spoon to spread bruschetta on baguette slices. Eat and enjoy!

Way to go, Luis! Come on boys...time to step it up a notch, or two! Any other gents out there ready to get their hands wet? For those of you feeling like you need a little help out there in San Francisco or Chicago, you've got a chance to jump into a cooking class, feet first, called "Parties that Cook." (Link to be provided at end of blog). The same would be for you, ladies...Chicago's Gourmet Dating event is this weekend, though...so you better sign up quickly!

Until next time...make time for a nearby Farmers' Market...the fall is a great time for a visit!

Bon Appetit!

~Cyndi,39

Long Beach, CA

Links: http://www.partiesthatcook.com/cooking-classes-san-francisco-bay-area-chicago-los-angeles/

http://www.traderjoes.com/

Comments

Unknown said…
This was so much fun to do and I am really enjoying your blog. That dish worked so well, we got married. So I guess I am being a rebel, enjoying your blog so much even though I am "Married in the Suburbs!" Thanks Cyndi for the recipes for success in the kitchen as well as in life.

Popular posts from this blog

"Steak Escoffier (Escoffia)" Melts in your mouth.....

Can you say a little piece of "Heaven" ? This is truly one of those recipes that will stick with you forever, it's so delicious, it literary melts in your mouth, you can't help but let out a "Big Happy Sigh" when you taste your first bite ! This has been a "Top Secret" recipe of mine that I created from a favorite dish of a local Restaurant my family & I used to dine at. The restaurant is long gone, but the memory of this dish lives on...enjoy ! Steak : - Rib Eye Steak - 2 slices of Bacon - Sea Salt for seasoning - Ground Black Pepper for seasoning - 2 toothpicks soaked in water 20 minutes to prevent burning on grill Escoffier (Escoffia) Sauce : - 1 pkg Crumbled Blue Cheese - 1/4 cup/stick of Butter - 6-8 Garlic Cloves Peeled & Minced - 1 teaspoon Orange Extract Season both sides of the steak w/ salt & pepper wrap bacon around the steak and hold in place with toothpicks; cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 Min's. Preheat

Babysitting-Turned-Baking!!!

So nearly three weeks later I am finally posting the pix-n-a video from the night my nephew, Micah, and I baked sugar cookies. I cannot tell you how many times I hear single friends of mine complaining about how they can't (or don't) get to do fun things with little ones since they're not yet parents. What do I say to that? That I'm sure there are plenty of little ones in or around your life some way or another to shoot that theory right out of the water! Now granted I do tend to lean on the complaining side of not being married for laborings sake, but even that has it's place. Now I realize that some may not be as blessed as I have to a handful of nieces and a nephew to enjoy such things with, but if you have no friends in your life with kids, feel free go out of your way to spend time with those who may need you in their lives. There are tons of programs through communities, local churches and various organizations (Big Brother, etc.) where you can invest into a

Ratatouille???

I don't know about you but I have love, love, loved the rain that has finally kissed us with it's sweet lips. Surprisingly, this morning's rain came with some pretty fierce wind, which having just moved here from Oklahoma (where the winds come crashing through the plains), it somewhat threw me for a loop. After enjoying the sounds of rain from inside the house while working in the garage, I decided I wanted nothing more than to eat something warm and somewhat soupish. Unfortunately I have not done a whole lot of shopping since my move back, leaving with me no choice but to doll up an organic can of beans. This week was kinda tough in that I had a whole lot going on! I had to relinquish the love of my life, Luke, to an adoptive parent who could give him a home, as I am still looking for mine and I staying with friends. My other Beagle, Tulsa, is staying at a bachelor pad with some friends of mine who I've known for a very long time. The plan is for Tulsa and I to move in