Skip to main content

Barefoot Negrita!

In an attempt for this Blaxican to recover from last night's babysitting events, I woke up groggy, tight-gutted (from the Tums I took in the middle of the night), with burning eyeballs and in need of something to fix me...QUICKLY! For me that could only mean one thing--I needed to make some breakfast. Though I like to tease the Bates about being their lil' ones nanny (which is SOOO not the case as really Missy and T-Rex are with the kids 24/7), I was left behind as the family of five left for the boys' soccer games. They hadn't even been gone for five minutes when my ingredients were out on the counter and ret-to-go. Maxine called me asking me if I wanted to meet up for some "brekkie" (as Jorg used to call it)...I still say that every now and then...it was cute and kinda stuck with me. Anyhoo...about my morning plans, I was still "contessa-ing" barefoot and in my p.j.'s, crooning to the sounds of Billie, Dinah, Edie and old Blue-Eyes-- yes, I take after my dad (in strained sound, not in musical taste), that I thought it best to stay home.

Though we're both in the same age-range, Max has fed me more times than I'd care to tell...so I won't. But what I will say is that I took this morning's invite as an opportunity to do a little of the same. I was gonna make us another egg-white omelet with Tofurkey Italian Sausage, Melange a Trois (frozen bell peppers) and cheese, served with veggie sausage and tortillas. Of course, she came over with her daughter and Starbuck's in tow, while I was cooking' with my Jazz Classics going, coffee brewing and feet dancin'. Nice thing about this morning was that I still managed to spend time with the hermanas-via-Skype...and get in some good old "girl-time"...really, for this single, it was the perfect way to spend my Saturday morning! She seemed to have enjoyed it as there was none left, but then again, who's looking?

Today's recipe was so simple, all I'm jotting down are the ingredients. It took me about ten minutes in all to make...this morning I just chopped, sauteed and fried until my heart was jumping with sheer excitement. Then, it was time to eat...not bad for a barefootin' nanny!

Ingredients:
Reddi-Egg (Egg whites in a liquid carton/container)
Frozen Bell Peppers
Shredded Mexican Cheese
1 Tofurkey Italian Sausage, sliced
Olive Oil
Side dish: Tortillas and Morning Star Farms Breakfast Sausage

Until next time, volunteer at a local charity...so many things and people need your help!

Cheers!!!

~Cyndi, 39
Fullerton, CA

Comments

Anonymous said…
Blaxican? Seriously? bwahahahahaha! found you thru foodbuzz.. keep up the bloggin'

Popular posts from this blog

"Steak Escoffier (Escoffia)" Melts in your mouth.....

Can you say a little piece of "Heaven" ? This is truly one of those recipes that will stick with you forever, it's so delicious, it literary melts in your mouth, you can't help but let out a "Big Happy Sigh" when you taste your first bite ! This has been a "Top Secret" recipe of mine that I created from a favorite dish of a local Restaurant my family & I used to dine at. The restaurant is long gone, but the memory of this dish lives on...enjoy ! Steak : - Rib Eye Steak - 2 slices of Bacon - Sea Salt for seasoning - Ground Black Pepper for seasoning - 2 toothpicks soaked in water 20 minutes to prevent burning on grill Escoffier (Escoffia) Sauce : - 1 pkg Crumbled Blue Cheese - 1/4 cup/stick of Butter - 6-8 Garlic Cloves Peeled & Minced - 1 teaspoon Orange Extract Season both sides of the steak w/ salt & pepper wrap bacon around the steak and hold in place with toothpicks; cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 Min's. Preheat

Babysitting-Turned-Baking!!!

So nearly three weeks later I am finally posting the pix-n-a video from the night my nephew, Micah, and I baked sugar cookies. I cannot tell you how many times I hear single friends of mine complaining about how they can't (or don't) get to do fun things with little ones since they're not yet parents. What do I say to that? That I'm sure there are plenty of little ones in or around your life some way or another to shoot that theory right out of the water! Now granted I do tend to lean on the complaining side of not being married for laborings sake, but even that has it's place. Now I realize that some may not be as blessed as I have to a handful of nieces and a nephew to enjoy such things with, but if you have no friends in your life with kids, feel free go out of your way to spend time with those who may need you in their lives. There are tons of programs through communities, local churches and various organizations (Big Brother, etc.) where you can invest into a

Ratatouille???

I don't know about you but I have love, love, loved the rain that has finally kissed us with it's sweet lips. Surprisingly, this morning's rain came with some pretty fierce wind, which having just moved here from Oklahoma (where the winds come crashing through the plains), it somewhat threw me for a loop. After enjoying the sounds of rain from inside the house while working in the garage, I decided I wanted nothing more than to eat something warm and somewhat soupish. Unfortunately I have not done a whole lot of shopping since my move back, leaving with me no choice but to doll up an organic can of beans. This week was kinda tough in that I had a whole lot going on! I had to relinquish the love of my life, Luke, to an adoptive parent who could give him a home, as I am still looking for mine and I staying with friends. My other Beagle, Tulsa, is staying at a bachelor pad with some friends of mine who I've known for a very long time. The plan is for Tulsa and I to move in