Skip to main content

A LIttle Somethin' To Make You Melt...

One of the things I enjoy most about traveling to towns and places I've formerly lived, is visiting with old friends. New friends are wonderful, but there's nothing like the old! Though this trip is mostly to gather all of my belongings to transport back to Cali, more importantly, it's to say hello or good-bye to old friends. That being the case, despite all the tasks unchecked in my Franklin Covey Planner, I've managed to squeeze in time (home-time mostly since I don't have a car) to catch up and visit with some old friends--Thursday night was no exception. My old roomie, A.J., had me stay at her place a couple of nights, where we had Ellen, the leader of my old book club, The Tulsa Chick Lit Meet-Up, over for dessert.

So Ellen is the kinda of girl who can eat pretty much whatever she'd like because she is a runner (as it should be for those who exercise), so I thought to make a quick little treat--Strawberries, Bananas and dipping chocolate, one treat clearly not in need of an actual recipe. :) Fruit was sliced with ease and the chocolate was microwaveable and ready in no time (yes, it's ghetto, but it's quick and it works. Besides, my fondue set is in Los Angeles!) Regardless of the presentation (or lack there-of) they were overjoyed at the choice, leaving no fruit or chocolate behind. While A.J. enjoyed her introduction of Rojo Mojo, a Shiraz I had never had before, I opted to sip on an oldie but goodie to compliment my ghetto-fabulous-fondue dish--Elysium, a light dessert wine that is so sweet, there really was no need for chocolate. Oh, who am I kidding? There is always a need for chocolate!

Trust me when I say I didn't pull out all of the stops on this one. And rightly so! I had just moved my furniture out of my first roomie's (Scott's) house, then somehow managed to load and unload all of my belongings in storage, solo. (Why do we insist on driving and transferring all of our belongings from one place to another, to another, to another?) I cannot tell you how many times I have moved and every time I think I have got to get rid of all of this! This time will be different. So, my last stop before arriving at A.J.'s was to pick up my long, lost love--Luke, my Beagle of three years. With my best friend at-hand, along with a night that was chilled to perfection, with company and dessert so-sweet and entertaining chatter, there was a moment where I thought to myself, "Life really doesn't get much better than this." It was friends, it was relaxing...it was perfect. What more could a girl saying goodbye to her former hometown ask for? Well that night I'd have to say not much more. But today, I'd have to say I need at least an extra day this week in order to get everything done. It'll come together...it always does.

Until next time, make some time for the old and try something new...it just might surprise you!

~Cyndi, 39
Tulsa, OK

Comments

Brynn said…
YUMMY, YUMMY!!! When you come home lets do this at my place. Miss you, Sucia!

xoxo
Brynn
Anonymous said…
I love chocolates & all their recipes.

Popular posts from this blog

"Steak Escoffier (Escoffia)" Melts in your mouth.....

Can you say a little piece of "Heaven" ? This is truly one of those recipes that will stick with you forever, it's so delicious, it literary melts in your mouth, you can't help but let out a "Big Happy Sigh" when you taste your first bite ! This has been a "Top Secret" recipe of mine that I created from a favorite dish of a local Restaurant my family & I used to dine at. The restaurant is long gone, but the memory of this dish lives on...enjoy ! Steak : - Rib Eye Steak - 2 slices of Bacon - Sea Salt for seasoning - Ground Black Pepper for seasoning - 2 toothpicks soaked in water 20 minutes to prevent burning on grill Escoffier (Escoffia) Sauce : - 1 pkg Crumbled Blue Cheese - 1/4 cup/stick of Butter - 6-8 Garlic Cloves Peeled & Minced - 1 teaspoon Orange Extract Season both sides of the steak w/ salt & pepper wrap bacon around the steak and hold in place with toothpicks; cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 Min's. Preheat

Babysitting-Turned-Baking!!!

So nearly three weeks later I am finally posting the pix-n-a video from the night my nephew, Micah, and I baked sugar cookies. I cannot tell you how many times I hear single friends of mine complaining about how they can't (or don't) get to do fun things with little ones since they're not yet parents. What do I say to that? That I'm sure there are plenty of little ones in or around your life some way or another to shoot that theory right out of the water! Now granted I do tend to lean on the complaining side of not being married for laborings sake, but even that has it's place. Now I realize that some may not be as blessed as I have to a handful of nieces and a nephew to enjoy such things with, but if you have no friends in your life with kids, feel free go out of your way to spend time with those who may need you in their lives. There are tons of programs through communities, local churches and various organizations (Big Brother, etc.) where you can invest into a

Ratatouille???

I don't know about you but I have love, love, loved the rain that has finally kissed us with it's sweet lips. Surprisingly, this morning's rain came with some pretty fierce wind, which having just moved here from Oklahoma (where the winds come crashing through the plains), it somewhat threw me for a loop. After enjoying the sounds of rain from inside the house while working in the garage, I decided I wanted nothing more than to eat something warm and somewhat soupish. Unfortunately I have not done a whole lot of shopping since my move back, leaving with me no choice but to doll up an organic can of beans. This week was kinda tough in that I had a whole lot going on! I had to relinquish the love of my life, Luke, to an adoptive parent who could give him a home, as I am still looking for mine and I staying with friends. My other Beagle, Tulsa, is staying at a bachelor pad with some friends of mine who I've known for a very long time. The plan is for Tulsa and I to move in