Skip to main content

Cooking for One? It's Time for Class!

So now I'm in Madison visiting family for my niece's 1st birthday, and my nephew's 3rd. The nice thing about visiting my sisters who are BOTH married, is that my meals are covered--for the most part. Now, why I'd planned on contributing a few fun dishes to the mix, I realized I didn't pack my usb cable to transfer pix from my camera for posting. :( Until I can get ahold of one, I thought I'd share some cooking classes being offered...just for singles! Rumor has it that I, too, will be holding some singles cooking parties around town..until confirmed, we'll let it sit as a rumor. :) For now, Parties that Cook offers fun classes for singles. If you happen to go, let me know how they work out for ya! I may have to fly to San Fran or Chicago to join in the fun!

Chicago: Cooking Crush - Cooking Class & Wine Tasting for Singles. Thursday, November 20, 2008 @ Just Grapes 6:30 – 8:30 pm. Join us for the launch of Chicago’s Cooking Crush party, a wine tasting and cooking class event for singles! Eligible bachelors and bachelorettes will mingle, while enjoying wine tastes from around the world poured by the aficionados at Just Grapes. Glasses in-hand, we’ll shift into the kitchen, where co-ed teams will cook up a meal of delicious international appetizers and get to know each other between slicing and dicing. $95 per guest. http://www.partiesthatcook.com/events/chicago-cooking-class-events/



San Francisco: Cooking Crush - Cooking Class & Wine Tasting for Singles. Wednesday, January 14, 2008 @ Crushpad Winery 6:30 – 9:00 pm. Join us another spectacular Cooking Crush for singles event at Crushpad Winery in San Francisco. Guests be treated to a tour of the winery, learn key steps in the winemaking process, then mix and mingle over blind wine tastings. Glasses in-hand, we’ll shift into the kitchen, where co-ed teams will cook up a meal of delicious international appetizers and get to know each other between slicing and dicing. $95 per guest. http://www.partiesthatcook.com/events/san-francisco-bay-area-cooking-classes/

Meanwhile while I'm out here visiting la familia, I'm gonna see if I can get my dad to grace us with his cooking for singles-specialties (yes, he is single) and I am hoping to bake with my 3-year-old nephew, Micah (yes, I'm guilty for giving him the gift he was least excited about--a Children's Cookbook, apron, chef's hat and utensil...however we did build a "Chef Le Bear" from Build-a-bear! Pix to be provided at a later time. ;)

Until next time, snuggle with loved ones...it's gettin' nippy out there!

Bon Appetit!

~Cyndi, 39
Madison, WI

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Cyndi,

Thanks for featuring our Parties That Cook singles classes in your post! Let me know if you're ever in San Francisco or Chicago - we'd love to have you come to an event!

Cheers,
Lauren
Parties That Cook

Popular posts from this blog

"Steak Escoffier (Escoffia)" Melts in your mouth.....

Can you say a little piece of "Heaven" ? This is truly one of those recipes that will stick with you forever, it's so delicious, it literary melts in your mouth, you can't help but let out a "Big Happy Sigh" when you taste your first bite ! This has been a "Top Secret" recipe of mine that I created from a favorite dish of a local Restaurant my family & I used to dine at. The restaurant is long gone, but the memory of this dish lives on...enjoy ! Steak : - Rib Eye Steak - 2 slices of Bacon - Sea Salt for seasoning - Ground Black Pepper for seasoning - 2 toothpicks soaked in water 20 minutes to prevent burning on grill Escoffier (Escoffia) Sauce : - 1 pkg Crumbled Blue Cheese - 1/4 cup/stick of Butter - 6-8 Garlic Cloves Peeled & Minced - 1 teaspoon Orange Extract Season both sides of the steak w/ salt & pepper wrap bacon around the steak and hold in place with toothpicks; cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 Min's. Preheat

Babysitting-Turned-Baking!!!

So nearly three weeks later I am finally posting the pix-n-a video from the night my nephew, Micah, and I baked sugar cookies. I cannot tell you how many times I hear single friends of mine complaining about how they can't (or don't) get to do fun things with little ones since they're not yet parents. What do I say to that? That I'm sure there are plenty of little ones in or around your life some way or another to shoot that theory right out of the water! Now granted I do tend to lean on the complaining side of not being married for laborings sake, but even that has it's place. Now I realize that some may not be as blessed as I have to a handful of nieces and a nephew to enjoy such things with, but if you have no friends in your life with kids, feel free go out of your way to spend time with those who may need you in their lives. There are tons of programs through communities, local churches and various organizations (Big Brother, etc.) where you can invest into a

Ratatouille???

I don't know about you but I have love, love, loved the rain that has finally kissed us with it's sweet lips. Surprisingly, this morning's rain came with some pretty fierce wind, which having just moved here from Oklahoma (where the winds come crashing through the plains), it somewhat threw me for a loop. After enjoying the sounds of rain from inside the house while working in the garage, I decided I wanted nothing more than to eat something warm and somewhat soupish. Unfortunately I have not done a whole lot of shopping since my move back, leaving with me no choice but to doll up an organic can of beans. This week was kinda tough in that I had a whole lot going on! I had to relinquish the love of my life, Luke, to an adoptive parent who could give him a home, as I am still looking for mine and I staying with friends. My other Beagle, Tulsa, is staying at a bachelor pad with some friends of mine who I've known for a very long time. The plan is for Tulsa and I to move in