Skip to main content

Lemon and Oranges and Lime...Oh My!

Ever just have one of those days where although you had "other" things planned, every thing turned out exactly the way you know they were meant to turn out? W-o-w. Well today that was my day and the only thing I can say is...amazing.

In all my 40 years of living I can honestly say that there have been days, weeks, years even where I have toiled and spun my wheels only with NOTHING (of importance) to show for it. LoL. Sad, but oh so true. Lately, my life has been anything BUT that, and for that, I'm grateful. My hands are to the right plow and not building in vain--who has time for to labor for that which profits nothing? Not me. At least, not any more. :)

Today was incredible, and as I made my way through Fullerton's chaos of today's heartbreaking news, I wound up home right when I was supposed to be. With fifteen minutes to eat, I quickly pulled out the extra-firm tofu, a carrot-broccoli mix a lemon and some evo. Much to my delight, an avocado was not too far away, so this managed to make the cut, as well! Stumbling upon my only bottle of Perrier with Lemon, this lunch was sure to be a citrine-extraordinaire...and delish it was! Not bad for a grocery-purchase costing me a little under $7...and guess what? I've got at least two more meals to get out of it (today's was actually my second)!

Hitting the mark on time, the dishes were a cinch and so out the door went I...a day like this is truly one to not be forgotten. And now I prepare for night-night...as we will be filming all day. I have a feeling tomorrow's meal-preparation may not fare out to today's...but do not be mistaken, tomorrow will be a great day, indeed!

Ingredients:
1/4 of Extra Firm Tofu (Fresh & Easy)
1/4 bag of Brocolli-Carrot Mix
EVO to tasting
Garlic Salt and/or Lemon Pepper
1 Lemon

Until next time...love the person you want to be mad at...you never know what tomorrow holds. My condolences to the Adenhart family and friends who tragically lost their O.C. loved ones with such a bright future ahead of them...truly candles in the wind. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4055343)

As I sit here writing in a building looking at the intersection where this tragedy occurred, Bon Appetit is not fitting...so tonight I only bid you a Good Night, sweet friends.

~Cyndi, 39
Fullerton, CA
(Corner of Lemon and Orangethorpe Ave.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Steak Escoffier (Escoffia)" Melts in your mouth.....

Can you say a little piece of "Heaven" ? This is truly one of those recipes that will stick with you forever, it's so delicious, it literary melts in your mouth, you can't help but let out a "Big Happy Sigh" when you taste your first bite ! This has been a "Top Secret" recipe of mine that I created from a favorite dish of a local Restaurant my family & I used to dine at. The restaurant is long gone, but the memory of this dish lives on...enjoy ! Steak : - Rib Eye Steak - 2 slices of Bacon - Sea Salt for seasoning - Ground Black Pepper for seasoning - 2 toothpicks soaked in water 20 minutes to prevent burning on grill Escoffier (Escoffia) Sauce : - 1 pkg Crumbled Blue Cheese - 1/4 cup/stick of Butter - 6-8 Garlic Cloves Peeled & Minced - 1 teaspoon Orange Extract Season both sides of the steak w/ salt & pepper wrap bacon around the steak and hold in place with toothpicks; cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 Min's. Preheat

Babysitting-Turned-Baking!!!

So nearly three weeks later I am finally posting the pix-n-a video from the night my nephew, Micah, and I baked sugar cookies. I cannot tell you how many times I hear single friends of mine complaining about how they can't (or don't) get to do fun things with little ones since they're not yet parents. What do I say to that? That I'm sure there are plenty of little ones in or around your life some way or another to shoot that theory right out of the water! Now granted I do tend to lean on the complaining side of not being married for laborings sake, but even that has it's place. Now I realize that some may not be as blessed as I have to a handful of nieces and a nephew to enjoy such things with, but if you have no friends in your life with kids, feel free go out of your way to spend time with those who may need you in their lives. There are tons of programs through communities, local churches and various organizations (Big Brother, etc.) where you can invest into a

Ratatouille???

I don't know about you but I have love, love, loved the rain that has finally kissed us with it's sweet lips. Surprisingly, this morning's rain came with some pretty fierce wind, which having just moved here from Oklahoma (where the winds come crashing through the plains), it somewhat threw me for a loop. After enjoying the sounds of rain from inside the house while working in the garage, I decided I wanted nothing more than to eat something warm and somewhat soupish. Unfortunately I have not done a whole lot of shopping since my move back, leaving with me no choice but to doll up an organic can of beans. This week was kinda tough in that I had a whole lot going on! I had to relinquish the love of my life, Luke, to an adoptive parent who could give him a home, as I am still looking for mine and I staying with friends. My other Beagle, Tulsa, is staying at a bachelor pad with some friends of mine who I've known for a very long time. The plan is for Tulsa and I to move in