Skip to main content

A LIttle Somethin' To Make You Melt...

One of the things I enjoy most about traveling to towns and places I've formerly lived, is visiting with old friends. New friends are wonderful, but there's nothing like the old! Though this trip is mostly to gather all of my belongings to transport back to Cali, more importantly, it's to say hello or good-bye to old friends. That being the case, despite all the tasks unchecked in my Franklin Covey Planner, I've managed to squeeze in time (home-time mostly since I don't have a car) to catch up and visit with some old friends--Thursday night was no exception. My old roomie, A.J., had me stay at her place a couple of nights, where we had Ellen, the leader of my old book club, The Tulsa Chick Lit Meet-Up, over for dessert.

So Ellen is the kinda of girl who can eat pretty much whatever she'd like because she is a runner (as it should be for those who exercise), so I thought to make a quick little treat--Strawberries, Bananas and dipping chocolate, one treat clearly not in need of an actual recipe. :) Fruit was sliced with ease and the chocolate was microwaveable and ready in no time (yes, it's ghetto, but it's quick and it works. Besides, my fondue set is in Los Angeles!) Regardless of the presentation (or lack there-of) they were overjoyed at the choice, leaving no fruit or chocolate behind. While A.J. enjoyed her introduction of Rojo Mojo, a Shiraz I had never had before, I opted to sip on an oldie but goodie to compliment my ghetto-fabulous-fondue dish--Elysium, a light dessert wine that is so sweet, there really was no need for chocolate. Oh, who am I kidding? There is always a need for chocolate!

Trust me when I say I didn't pull out all of the stops on this one. And rightly so! I had just moved my furniture out of my first roomie's (Scott's) house, then somehow managed to load and unload all of my belongings in storage, solo. (Why do we insist on driving and transferring all of our belongings from one place to another, to another, to another?) I cannot tell you how many times I have moved and every time I think I have got to get rid of all of this! This time will be different. So, my last stop before arriving at A.J.'s was to pick up my long, lost love--Luke, my Beagle of three years. With my best friend at-hand, along with a night that was chilled to perfection, with company and dessert so-sweet and entertaining chatter, there was a moment where I thought to myself, "Life really doesn't get much better than this." It was friends, it was relaxing...it was perfect. What more could a girl saying goodbye to her former hometown ask for? Well that night I'd have to say not much more. But today, I'd have to say I need at least an extra day this week in order to get everything done. It'll come together...it always does.

Until next time, make some time for the old and try something new...it just might surprise you!

~Cyndi, 39
Tulsa, OK

Comments

Brynn said…
YUMMY, YUMMY!!! When you come home lets do this at my place. Miss you, Sucia!

xoxo
Brynn
Anonymous said…
I love chocolates & all their recipes.

Popular posts from this blog

"Steak Escoffier (Escoffia)" Melts in your mouth.....

Can you say a little piece of "Heaven" ? This is truly one of those recipes that will stick with you forever, it's so delicious, it literary melts in your mouth, you can't help but let out a "Big Happy Sigh" when you taste your first bite ! This has been a "Top Secret" recipe of mine that I created from a favorite dish of a local Restaurant my family & I used to dine at. The restaurant is long gone, but the memory of this dish lives on...enjoy ! Steak : - Rib Eye Steak - 2 slices of Bacon - Sea Salt for seasoning - Ground Black Pepper for seasoning - 2 toothpicks soaked in water 20 minutes to prevent burning on grill Escoffier (Escoffia) Sauce : - 1 pkg Crumbled Blue Cheese - 1/4 cup/stick of Butter - 6-8 Garlic Cloves Peeled & Minced - 1 teaspoon Orange Extract Season both sides of the steak w/ salt & pepper wrap bacon around the steak and hold in place with toothpicks; cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 Min's. Preheat...

A Girl's Best Friend...

Trader Joe's! Next best thing to Diamonds--in my book, anyways. I have to say I was rather disappointed in how quick I fell off the wagon with my gun-ho approach to a new me at 40! Oddly enough, I woke up yesterday morning, took my friend's kids to school, and then off to Tom's #4 we went. For one, it is amazing to me how many Tom's there are. Are they all just one big chain? One thing they have in common--the yummiest, fattening foods one can ever find! You can smell the grease as you are exiting the ramp, readying to turn onto their street (which in this case would be Orangethorpe). I have to say though, I was encouraged as an ex emailed me after reading Sunday's blog forwarding me weight-loss tips via an email article entitled, "A Breakfast Favorite that Blasts Fat?" Wow, so it's come to this. Truly, the man is a gem and is as sincere as he is disciplined. He, in fact, has got to be one of the most disciplined people I know (especially when it come...

Cooking Under theTuscan Sun...

...was a LOT of fun! Singles drizzled in from a long week's work, only to find themselves with the likes of others, who, like them, were ready to take on the challenge of home-made pasta, along with some staple Italian dishes, of course. The verdict? Delicioso! Please note: I only including the recipes for Panna Cotta, Sicilian Meatballs and our 15-Minute Tomato Sauce (simply amazing); however, ify ou'd like to give our Caprese Salad or homemade pasta-making a shot, email me at cookingsingleinthecity@gmail.com for the recipe--we're more than glad to oblige. Recipes - Cooking Under the Tuscan Sun Sicilian Meatballs (Courtesy of Bon Appetit) Ingredients: 2/3 cup breadcrumbs 3 tablespoons milk 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese 1/4 cup finely chopped onion 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil 1 large egg 1 garlic clove, minced 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper 1 pound sweet Italian sausages, casings removed 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted 2 tablespoons dried currants or...