Skip to main content

Kids in the Kitchen?

But of course! So yes it's true....I've been touring the States. By touring I do mean visiting, celebrating and babysitting family in Madison, WI, Minneapolis, MN and now I'm officially in Tulsa, OK, where I'll be heading off for California once I gather the rest of my belongings, get my dog, Luke and sadly say my good-byes to friends and family here. Blogging has been a little difficult (to say the least), not to mention cooking. I've yet to post pix from my baking experience with my three-year-old nephew because the USB cord to upload the pix is in my room back in California. Yes, smart move, indeed.

Because we had such a great time baking his sugar cookies, I thought I'd look around Tulsa to see what cooking classes they offer for the youngens in this very quaint and cozy city. My sis, now a Tulsa local (but an "East-Los" native), pointed me to The Savory Chef. If I can convince my girlfriends to have dinner here tomorrow night rather than go out to eat, we shall. Otherwise, I thought I'd post their link so those of you in T-Town might have a chance to try your hand at some fun cooking classes: http://www.savorychef.com/

Too bad my niece isn't old enough--they have a cooking class for the 8 -11 year olds in December. Well, I won't be here anyways. If you do have kiddos, take a minute or two to check out local cooking classes for them...who knows, they could be the next Giada or Single Guy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Steak Escoffier (Escoffia)" Melts in your mouth.....

Can you say a little piece of "Heaven" ? This is truly one of those recipes that will stick with you forever, it's so delicious, it literary melts in your mouth, you can't help but let out a "Big Happy Sigh" when you taste your first bite ! This has been a "Top Secret" recipe of mine that I created from a favorite dish of a local Restaurant my family & I used to dine at. The restaurant is long gone, but the memory of this dish lives on...enjoy ! Steak : - Rib Eye Steak - 2 slices of Bacon - Sea Salt for seasoning - Ground Black Pepper for seasoning - 2 toothpicks soaked in water 20 minutes to prevent burning on grill Escoffier (Escoffia) Sauce : - 1 pkg Crumbled Blue Cheese - 1/4 cup/stick of Butter - 6-8 Garlic Cloves Peeled & Minced - 1 teaspoon Orange Extract Season both sides of the steak w/ salt & pepper wrap bacon around the steak and hold in place with toothpicks; cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 Min's. Preheat...

A Girl's Best Friend...

Trader Joe's! Next best thing to Diamonds--in my book, anyways. I have to say I was rather disappointed in how quick I fell off the wagon with my gun-ho approach to a new me at 40! Oddly enough, I woke up yesterday morning, took my friend's kids to school, and then off to Tom's #4 we went. For one, it is amazing to me how many Tom's there are. Are they all just one big chain? One thing they have in common--the yummiest, fattening foods one can ever find! You can smell the grease as you are exiting the ramp, readying to turn onto their street (which in this case would be Orangethorpe). I have to say though, I was encouraged as an ex emailed me after reading Sunday's blog forwarding me weight-loss tips via an email article entitled, "A Breakfast Favorite that Blasts Fat?" Wow, so it's come to this. Truly, the man is a gem and is as sincere as he is disciplined. He, in fact, has got to be one of the most disciplined people I know (especially when it come...

Cooking Under theTuscan Sun...

...was a LOT of fun! Singles drizzled in from a long week's work, only to find themselves with the likes of others, who, like them, were ready to take on the challenge of home-made pasta, along with some staple Italian dishes, of course. The verdict? Delicioso! Please note: I only including the recipes for Panna Cotta, Sicilian Meatballs and our 15-Minute Tomato Sauce (simply amazing); however, ify ou'd like to give our Caprese Salad or homemade pasta-making a shot, email me at cookingsingleinthecity@gmail.com for the recipe--we're more than glad to oblige. Recipes - Cooking Under the Tuscan Sun Sicilian Meatballs (Courtesy of Bon Appetit) Ingredients: 2/3 cup breadcrumbs 3 tablespoons milk 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese 1/4 cup finely chopped onion 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil 1 large egg 1 garlic clove, minced 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper 1 pound sweet Italian sausages, casings removed 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted 2 tablespoons dried currants or...